Earth and the terrestrial planet's physical and chemical properties depend upon the atomic to nanoscale structure of their constituent rocks, fluids and minerals. Particles in the nanoscale (colloids) are abundant in all environmental sections. These nanophases consist of natural organic matter like humic substances, are biota itself like viruses, bacteria incl. pathogens, inorganic particles such as clay, oxides or carbonates are man-made originating either from nanoengineering or from wear/combustion/corrosion.
- Track 1-1 Nanogeo Science Transport Phenomenon at Nanoscale
- Track 2-2 Characterisation and Development of Nanoscale Particles
- Track 3-3 Nanobioorganic Chemistry
- Track 4-4 Biomineralization
- Track 5-5 Methods for Immobilising Nano Toxic Compounds